30 September 2011

Goodbye, misery

This gem is one of my favorite Marissa Nadler songs. It feels like ghosts rising from their graves. It's got a steady momentum like a stream, but it goes through a haunted forest. I can feel the sun, I can feel the night, and I can feel the past. It's creeping up like the growing grass. Nadler's voice is so assured and beguiling that the song never tires even after multiple, consecutive listens. It's so soft and inviting as to insulate one from fatigue. The lap steel adds so strongly to the atmosphere that I can barely imagine the song without it. It's a perfect song and one of her greatest efforts. I count it amongst my favorite songs. Give it a try and give Little Hells a try as well. It's a greatly rewarding album

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

page daily hits
Promo Numbers